Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crunch time

Well we are getting close to game time and needless to say we are not exactly prepared, it is hard with me working right up until we leave. But, once we get packed and put everything down stairs we should feel better. Going over our initial plans we might add in Glacier Nat. Park since it is only 370 miles north of Yellowstone. Please, keep in mind that we have no idea of how long we will spend in SD, WY, and MT, when I was there with Chuck we spent all of 5 minutes checking out the presidents heads, but I know Lori will read every single sentence on every plaque on every wall. We decided this isn't a race and we will take as much time in each location as we want. So, if we don't make it to Death Valley, we don't make it. My initial goal of reaching Madison on day one is one I would like to keep as it is about 900 miles away, from there we can slow down.

Well next step is to pack!

Forgot to mention that some of my nurses took a poll and decided there is no way in hell they'd take a road trip with the spouses for three weeks, so I set up a poll, let's see what everyone thinks.

2 comments:

Gregory Dix said...

C'mon..... I know u started....gimmie something. How far did u get on day one?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Greg is busy doing his "I'm A Little Teapot Dance", don't give him ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
By the way, I voted for papercuts, but really, I wouldn't want to spend 3 weeks with MYSELF travelling across the country!
Bucklegirl says....bon voyage!