Friday, March 20, 2009

When Irish eyes are smiling

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day by going on a cruise on The Lantern Queen in Havre de Grace MD. We cruised along the Susquehanna River listening to Irish music and eating Irish food as well as sipping on a Guinness. A word about the Guinness: while visiting Ireland in the fall a lot of co-travelers suggested that the Guinness in Ireland was better then here in the states. After much consideration and many trials both here and there, I have to say I think it tasted just as great in both places; however, I will continue my experiment in the matter of science only! Back to the cruise, we were entertained not only by the authentic Irish music but also some truly authentic Irish dancers (see video). The amazingly cute red head is Katherine (our friends the Weber's little girl), who will be three in June. I'd like to point out the other little dancer in the video was four yrs old. We had a great time and hope to do it again next year!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so adorable! Mom is thrilled and thinks that Katherine has a lot of raw talent and should join an Irish dance club STAT! Loved the cavern pics too! Can't believe how skinny Licorice is! Thanks so much for the birthday card and lottery tickets! Had a great time with Nate & Court! Time to watch my Sound of Music for my birthday!! Mom is the only one who will sit through the whole movie with me! Love Mom & Sheree