Saturday, October 10, 2009

Making wine for real


As many of you know Lori and I have been making wine at home for many years, however, the reds that we make have not been all that exiting. So, we have decided to up our ante and make it at a facility close by called the Cherry Hill Wine Room.
At the wine room they provide all of the wine making equipment and ingredients (crusher, destemmer, wine press, yeast, grapes, etc.) This year we are making a combination wine called a Trilogy (cab. sav., merlot, and cab. franc) After the grapes were crushed and destemmed we pumped them into this giant container were the yeast will be added for fermentation; here Lori is stirring it up.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Makes we wish that I liked wine even more.

Weber

Rob said...

Good luck with your grape torture device trilogy. I want some. I wonder if it goes well with RedBull and Jagermeister. Honestly, I've enjoyed all of your homemade wine, port, etc. I'm sure it'll be awesome. Looks like you guys are having fun.